Incorporating Metallic Inks into Your Screen Print Design
in Permaset Blog28 Jul 2020 | 0 Comments
PERMASET Metallic Inks for Fabric Printing
Reflective of metal particles, Metallic inks are specialty inks that provide added shine, vibrancy, and brilliance to your design. When you custom print with metallic inks, you achieve attention-grabbing effects which add to your design or printed piece. Gold and silver metallics are the most common however metallic inks also come in other vibrant colours.
PERMASET’s range of metallic inks for fabric are available in Gold Lustre, Bright Silver, Copper and Pearl White. The PERMASET Metallics range are all part of the lineup of PERMASET® AQUA inks.
So what makes PERMASET Metallic inks an ideal choice for your screen print designs?
- Metallic screen printing inks can be used on light and dark-toned fabrics
- When printing PERMASET Metallic inks onto dark fabrics you do not require an underbase
- You may use PERMASET Metallics for screen printing on both natural and synthetic materials
- Reductions can be made with PERMASET® Metallic Pearl White and PERMASET® Standard colours to create a wide range of Metallic effects including some lovely Rose Gold colours like those below
- Create shimmering metallic colours by mixing any PERMASET standard colours with PERMASET Metallic Pearl White
- Add extra highlights of metallic sheen to text and designs to create unique features on t-shirts and other garments
- Metallic inks are excellent for performance outfits for theatre or dance, providing costumes with added shine that’s sure to dazzle the audience
- Metallic prints on custom sports uniforms help to make your sports team stand out in a crowd.
PERMASET Standard and Metallic inks are intermixable. Check out our metallic ink products by visiting your local PERMASET Stockist
PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Metallic Inks for Printing Paper, Cardboard, Coated Metals and More
PERMASET also has a range of Metallic inks for screen printing onto other substrates called PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Metallics. You can use the PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Pearl Copper, Pearl Gold, Pearl Silver and Pearl White Metallics to print onto different materials, for example:
- Add elegance to different substrates such as sealed paper, cardboard, and some coated metals using PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Metallic inks
- PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Metallic Pearl Gold is ideal for event invitations, wrapping papers, posters, covers on notebooks, Christmas decorations and more
- Highlight special elements in hand-printed wallpaper, posters and packaging by adding PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Pearl Silver
- Add embellishments to book covers, hand printed packaging, signage or placemats using PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Pearl Copper
- Mix PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Pearl White with other PERMAPRINT PREMIUM ink colours to create shimmering colours like those used in this lovely book cover (see video below)
Our range of PERMASET AQUA Metallic inks are suitable primarily to textile printing and can be applied on fabrics including cotton, silk, polyester and synthetics. Our PERMAPRINT PREMIUM Metallic inks can be printed onto paper, cardboard, some coated metals, some plastics and wood. You need to experiment on some surfaces to determine the finished results.
Versatile and revolutionary, PERMASET eco-friendly inks offer a beautiful range of metallic inks for many applications, using 100% solvent-free pigments for exceptional colour yield. To find out more about PERMASET inks visit this page or Contact Us with your questions.