Why Make the Switch from Regular Spray Adhesives to Eco-friendly PERMASET Table Adhesive?
in Permaset Blog23 Feb 2021 | 0 Comments
Are you conscious of the products used in your screen-printing practice or on your yardage table? Being aware of all these products and how they can affect your staff, your equipment, your customers and the environment can bring more value to your screen-printing business.
Not all adhesives labelled “eco-friendly” are safe for users and the environment. Regular spray adhesives can pose health risks due to the amount of PVC and phthalates contained in these products. PERMASET® Table Adhesive is a pressure sensitive, water-soluble coating that is non-toxic and non-flammable which is much safer for the user and your screen-printing practice than the usual toxic spray adhesives. Find out how this product can add value by making your studio practices more sustainable.
PERMASET® Table Adhesive versus Regular Spray Adhesives
- PERMASET® Table Adhesive solves spraying problems caused by regular spray adhesives. Regular spray adhesives can cause a build up on the machine when some of the spray particles land on the machine parts, or even worse when particles are inhaled by the person handling the machine.
- PERMASET® Table Adhesive also sticks and dries quickly in about 10-30 minutes depending on the weather and thickness of the glue applied. You can also reactivate its sticky properties by spraying water on the adhesive and allowing it to absorb for a few minutes. Regular spray adhesives usually take an hour to dry.
- Regular spray adhesives are also toxic to your staff and customers’ health, and detrimental to the environment due to their harmful contents. Some spray adhesives may also be labelled as “eco-friendly” but still contain hidden chemicals so it’s preferable to choose water-reducible yardage table type adhesives to prevent future health risks.
Checkout this video showing how to apply PERMASET Table Adhesive
Using PERMASET Table Adhesive with Care
PERMASET® Table Adhesive will work to your advantage when you use it correctly. Find out the ways you can use and store PERMASET Table Adhesive effectively:
- Always wear protective equipment such as latex gloves, a face mask and apron when screen printing
- For best screen-printing results, lubricate vinyl and rubber coated surfaces with PERMASET Table Adhesive using a squeegee
- Make sure to cover the entire surface completely and include the edges when lubricating your yardage table with PERMASET Table Adhesive
- Let the Table Adhesive settle for a few minutes before laying fabric on top
- Though the product is non-toxic, we highly discourage using spray bottles to apply any adhesives because particles can be left in the air and inhaled by your staff
- Wash off the PERMASET Table Adhesive from the platen with water
- Make sure to close the lid of PERMASET Table Adhesive tightly and store it in safe place under room temperature
- Maintain the label. Tearing and removal of labels could result in misuse of the product
- Avoid spilling the Table Adhesive down drains and other surfaces. If this happens by accident, wipe off the adhesive using paper or a scrap material and letting it dry before disposing of the material in commercial bins
- While the PERMASET Table Adhesive bottle can be recycled, please check with your local recycling programs if this is allowed in your area.
Care for your staff, your customers, your screen-printing equipment and the environment by using eco-friendly inks and adhesives such as the PERMASET water-based screen print inks and PERMASET Table Adhesive. Visit the PERMASET online shop now to purchase online or contact your local PERMASET Stockist to buy.